Thursday, May 3, 2007

Fun Times

I was going to post something about what a goofy time we had with Bonesucker but she totally did it justice on her Blog, but oh well...She was in town for "business" and met DTR and me for dinner. The weather sucked donkey balls and DTR was having a horrible day and fell in front of the restaurant. We walked in and told the bartender to keep them coming. The beer was on happy hour for $1.99 per draft for a fat tire and the waitress brought us these HUGE fish bowl beers. I was in heaven til I realized that the happy hour didn't cover the fish bowls. It didn't change the way that the beer tasted or the effect it had so no big deal. We hung out, joked around and messed with the bartender. The week has gotten a little better except for last night's basketball game which we won't discuss. Really just counting down the days til BFE and I can't wait to go on the rollercoasters. I think the last time I went to Six Flags was when DTR and NET were home from Basic Training, Christmas of 1999 in So Cal...ahhh drinking heavily and going on fast rides...so much fun!

6 comments:

Jerri said...

Dang, I forgot all about the beers not being happy hour price! We have really got the knack for picking outstanding waitstaff!!! The bartender was fun though! I'm going to have to head of to HEB to get some promegranite (sp?) juice... don't think I'll be able to get it home quite as stylishly as you though! :-)

I can't wait - I need a vacation from my vacation! I haven't done an amusement park without my kids since I had them...

Glad to hear the week's getting better - and HEY! - it's almost over!

Nick said...

Remember that picture of Donnie leaping like a gazelle?

All time classic.

ESPN said...

That picture is great...also remember the whole log jammer thing? Low and behold, there was a log jammer ride at Magic Mountain!

Nick said...

Awww, poop. Gotta love it.

Gagger said...

Sure wish you guys were going up for CoTex. :(

Impala Mama said...

Never underestimate the power of BFE, Gagger.......it is all consuming. You may want to give it a try next year!! :-)